Hey Y'all!

Hey Y'all


Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cooking for one...


So I found this recipe online...I googled, "cooking for one". I know, kinda sad but it's ok...at least I dont have to worry about having a guinea pig suffer through all my cooking tastes test! But the funny thing is, I begin to make this last night and I am realizing its more like cooking for 5! Needless to say, I have enough pasta for lunch and dinner this entire week.
I pretty much followed the directions and it came out very yummy. It could have been a little creamier but I will need to figure out how to do that. I did not grate my own Parmesan cheese, which might have made a difference. I still loved it and enjoyed a nice glass of petite syrah with it =)
  
Spaghetti Carbonara
1 lb. spaghetti
6-8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
3 eggs
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup pasta water
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti until al dente, about 8-9 minutes. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.In a large sauté pan, cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Drain grease from pan.

In a bowl, whisk eggs, Parmesan, pasta water, and pepper. Place pasta in large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Quickly stir in egg mixture and reserved bacon and toss to coat. Remove from heat and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment